At Lonsdale Dental Practice we offer a wide range of braces, including Insignia™ Clearguide Express™, Inman Aligners, Damon Braces and Invisalign Braces. Below is an overview of how each of these excellent systems works.
A series of nearly invisible aligners that are custom-made specifically for your teeth, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week, gradually moving towards the projected final position.
- Invisalign clear braces are nearly invisible – straighten your teeth without anyone noticing.
- Invisalign clear braces are comfortable – there are no wires or metal to cause mouth abrasions.
- Invisalign clear braces are removable – for eating, drinking, dental care or other activities.
- Invisalign clear braces enable better oral hygiene during treatment – brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- You can whiten your teeth at the same time as straightening
Treatment length will vary depending on the complexity of the case, but the average Invisalign treatment is twelve to eighteen months.
Insignia™ Clearguide Express™
Insignia™ Clearguide Express™ are clear, removable aligners that fit snugly over the teeth and gradually move them into their desired position.
With a variety of treatment choices available, including single and dual arch options, Insignia™ Clearguide Express™ is designed to work best with smiles requiring mild to moderate tooth movements.
Insignia Clearguide Express trays are delivered to your dentist in stages to assure treatment progresses on track and on time. Any variance in treatment can be corrected and customized into the next set of aligners before they’re delivered!
CLICK ON INVISIBLE BRACES FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Inman Aligners are a type of removable orthodontic appliance that can straighten or move your front teeth to the desired position quickly and safely. (Many dentists use the Inman Aligner as an alternative to the Invisalign brace system).
It’s ideal as a stand alone treatment or to pre-align teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers. The Aligners are restricted to the level of movement that they can achieve and generally work better on misalignments of the upper and lower front teeth. They are not suitable for cases where the teeth are heavily crowded for example.
Click here to see how Inman Aligners work.
Treatment times are generally shorter than with most invisable brace systems, with treatment times varying from six to 16 weeks. The speed of the results is highly dependent on how long you wear the appliance for each day. With the Inman Aligner you can take the appliance off; however, the longer you wear it, the quicker you’ll see results. It is recommended that you wear the aligner for around 20 hours a day, every day, if possible.
• Less visible than conventional braces
• Faster treatment time
• Can be more cost effective than other treatments
• Only effective in cases of mild to mid misalignment
• Care needed not to lose
• Can only be fitted to fully formed adult teeth
Damon System Braces
Damon System braces use a unique slide mechanism that minimizes the friction and binding associated with conventional metal braces. This reduces pressure on your teeth and allows them to move more comfortably to their correct positions. This approach to orthodontics ensures greater comfort throughout treatment.
Therefore with the Damon System teeth align more quickly and comfortably. Clinically proven advantages include:
• Significantly reduced treatment time
• Significantly fewer appointments
• Higher-quality results
• Also available with clear brackets
• No need to extract teeth (in the majority of cases)
Damon braces are designed to be discreet, comfortable and easy to keep clean. Without the elastic ties which attract and collect plaque, Damon braces make dental hygiene easy during treatment. Plus the Damon System is available in clear brackets for those image conscious patients.
Click here to watch a short video on Damon System.
• More comfortable than standard fixed braces
• Can be quicker treatment time than standard fixed braces
• Can eat as normal
• Non damaging to teeth
• Not aesthetically pleasing
• Time involved
• Difficult to keep clean
For more information on your options for straightening teeth see our Treatment Options To Straighten Teeth.