White fillings are made of ceramic and are a highly aesthetic, tooth-coloured filling created and placed in a single dentist appointment.
Patients often want to replace their metal fillings with a bio-compatible material that is less noticeable in the mouth and safer to the body whilst still being strong and durable. Ceramic fillings are the ideal solution.
Ashton and Lonsdale Dental Practitioners work with CEREC advanced digital dentistry technology to provide excellent quality, same-day dental restorations. CEREC is a sophisticated CAD/CAM system for the production of ceramic inlays, onlays, veneers and crowns for front and back teeth. With this service, you get a beautiful white filling in 5 easy steps, without the need for impressions or temporary fillings – all in one dental visit!
Perfect White Fillings In 5 Easy Steps
- Consultation to highlight the benefits of CEREC
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC camera
- The restoration is designed and shown on the CEREC monitor
- The CEREC milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceramic block
- The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth by our experienced dentist.